The California State Library welcomes your input in improving its website and online services.
Please take our short website survey to let us know how you use the current website, and what you would like to see in a redesigned version. Your comments and feedback will be factored into the new website's design and functionality.
Thank you very much for your time.
The Bernard E. Witkin State Law Library collection contains primary and secondary sources in American law. The library is a principal resource for:
- California legislative history
- U. S. legislative history
- California Supreme Court and Courts of Appeal briefs
- Northern California historic land claims
To assist with your research needs:
- Find a lawyer
- California courts and court forms
- California Legislative Information (Codes, Bills)
- California city / county ordinances
- California Code of Regulations
- Congress.gov (Federal legislative information, committee information, Congressional Record)
- California Library Laws