The California State Library welcomes your input in improving its website and online services.
Please take our short website survey to let us know how you use the current website, and what you would like to see in a redesigned version. Your comments and feedback will be factored into the new website's design and functionality.
Thank you very much for your time.
Library Bond Act of 2000
The California State Library administers the Library Bond Act of 2000, Proposition 14, which provided $350 million of state bond funding for public library construction and renovation. All grant funding has been allocated at this time. Read More.
- Funded projects
- Funded projects by senate and assembly districts
- Project status (PDF) – updated January 2014
- Applicants (by funding cycle)
- Design Checklists (04/02/2003)
- CA Public Library Modernization Construction Projects – Summary List with Costs (6 pages) (04/07/2009)
- CA Public Library Modernization Construction Projects – Full List with Narrative Descriptions (21 pages) (04/07/2009)
- Summary of 2007 CA Public Library Facilities Needs Assessment (DOC) (04/16/2007)
- CA Public Library Building Needs by Library Jurisdiction (4-16-07) (PDF) (04/16/2007)
- Construction Costs for Recently Completed California Public Library Buildings (XLS); updated 02/27/2007
- Revised SF/Capita for LBA 2000 Projects for both 2000 and 2020 population (PDF); updated 01/01/2008
- Joint Venture And/Or Joint Use Bond Projects
- Co-Located Bond Projects
- Bond Projects That Are Not Joint Venture, Joint Use Or Co-Located
- Bond Funded Project Survey Analysis Bond Act of 2000 (08/07/2008)
- Bond Funded Project Survey Analysis Addendum Bond Act of 2000 (08/13/2009)
- LEED Projects (PDF) (01/01/2008)
- Funded Projects Brochure (PDF); updated 08/13/2009
- Slideshow of project designs (PPT) (PDF) (~2MB) (08/13/2009)
- Helpful Links
- The California Public Library Construction and Renovation Board
- Staff Contacts
- Office Location