The California State Library welcomes your input in improving its website and online services.
Please take our short website survey to let us know how you use the current website, and what you would like to see in a redesigned version. Your comments and feedback will be factored into the new website's design and functionality.
Thank you very much for your time.
The following resources may be of interest to local library planners while they are planning projects:
Web Site Links:
The following links provide access to public library facility planning tools and information:
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- California Office of Historic Preservation
- Libris DESIGN
Libris Design is a public library facility planning database which allows the user to create library building programs and project cost estimates for public library building projects. Also includes a listing and photos of recently constructed library facilities.
(Support for this project ceased in 2011. Several planning documents are linked here for archival purposes. They have not been updated since 2011.)
- Training for Libris Design is also available on the web site.
– Infopeople workshop, "Low Cost Space Planning and Remodeling."
– "Creating Library Spaces: Learning Spaces Sources and Places to Visit."
– ALA listservs that people needing info/guidance on library construction could join.