Get Involved: Getting Started
Webinars and Tutorials
If you and your library are just getting started with the innovative strategy of volunteer engagement, you may want to start with the following videos and tutorials before navigating the more advanced resources listed in the Get Involved Resource Center.
- Successful Volunteer Recruitment Strategies: Capturing the Talent of Baby Boomers and the Generations that Follow (February 2012, 60 minutes)
- Build a Better Volunteer Engagement Program (January 2010, 60 minutes)
- Making the Most of your VolunteerMatch Account (February 2014, 30 minutes)
- Best Practices for Recruiting Online (May 2009, 40 minutes)
- Quick Videos on Commonly Asked VolunteerMatch Questions
- "How to Repost Your Listing" tutorial (3:21)
- "Posting the Get Involved Widget" tutorial (2:46)
Access to all Get Involved archived webinars: https://infopeople.org/content/get-involved-powered-your-library
You may also find helpful the Volunteer Engagement online course. Originally developed for the "Transforming Life After 50" initiative, this free online course is available here.
Questions about the Get Involved Initiative