Get Involved: Getting Started
Make a Difference Volunteer
In partnership with VolunteerMatch
Get Involved Volunteer Engagement Institute (May 4, 2015)
Video clips from an intensive Get Involved training day will help you get started.
- Build a Better Volunteer Engagement Program (January 2010, 60 minutes)
- Making the Most of your VolunteerMatch Account (February 2014, 30 minutes)
- Best Practices for Recruiting Online (May 2009, 40 minutes)
- Quick Videos on Commonly Asked VolunteerMatch Questions
- "How to Repost Your Listing" tutorial (3:21)
- "Posting the Get Involved Widget" tutorial (2:46)
- Volunteer Program Improvement Model
Get Involved Resource Clearinghouse
Learn from your public library colleagues who are creating effective volunteer engagement strategies, tools and practices that you can use! Search the database of Get Involved resources and enhance your success in volunteer engagement. Resources include: sample policies, handbooks, volunteer position descriptions and training materials.
You may also find helpful the Volunteer Engagement online course. Originally developed for the "Transforming Life After 50" initiative, this free online course is available here.
Questions about the Get Involved Initiative