In the Spotlight
- New! State Library Podcasts Celebrate World Folktales and Fables Week.
- Displays, book features, presentations, and more! See what the California History Section is up to this March under our "What's New" tab!
- A Night at the State Library Presents:
The Important Role Women Play in Civic Engagement. Wednesday, March 15.
- UPDATED: Civil Liberties application deadline March 20, 2017; webinar on Feb 22 at 10am.
- Press Release – "The Golden Age of Book Illustration" – new exhibit at CSUS Library Gallery features State Library collections.
- The California State Library will be closed Monday, February 20 for Presidents' Day.
- The California State Library Presents: Employment for California's Adults with Autism in 2017, a Lunchtime Discussion with Michael Bernick and Dr. Louis A. Vismara, M.D.
- Apply for a Pitch an Idea Grant for your library! Deadline February 27, 2017.
- Displays, book features, haikus, and more! See what the California History Section is up to this February under our "What's New" tab!
- Apply for the Civil Liberties Program; deadline March 15, 2017.
- Press Release – Grant Program for Civil Liberties Projects Now Open.
- Did you participate in a Women's March in California?
Donate your materials to the State Library!
- California State Library to take part in the 19th Annual Sacramento Museum Day Saturday, February 4, 2016, 10 am – 5 pm.
- Gold! We travel back to Jan. 24, 1848 to interview James Marshall about his discovery (Video)
- The State Library will be closed Monday, January 16 for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Press Release – Braille and Talking Book Library Featured in Exhibit at the State Capitol, January 9-22, 2017.
- The California State Library will be closed December 26, 2016 and January 2, 2017. The Sutro Library in San Francisco will be closed beginning noon, December 23, 2016 through January 2, 2017.
- The California State Library's Sacramento reading rooms will close at 12 PM on Thursday, December 8. The Sutro Library in San Francisco will be closed all day Thursday, December 8.
- Press Release – California State Library provides funds for libraries hit hard by summer wildfires through federal Library Services and Technology Act.
- November 2016 Election Update: Demographic Shifts in California's Legislature – new report by the California Research Bureau
- New – California Research Bureau's searchable database of frivolous action motions filed in California Superior Courts.
- The California State Library will be closed Thursday and Friday, November 24 and 25, 2016, for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- State Librarian Greg Lucas talks about the library's role in supporting public libraries and its eclectic collection in a Comcast Newsmakers interview.
- The State Library will be closed Friday, November 11 for Veterans Day.
- New Exhibit in Gillis Hall and Circulation Room, Stanley Mosk Library & Courts Building – "Afflicting the Comfortable: California's Editorial Cartoonists".
- The California Research Bureau of the State Library releases new report, Sober Living Homes in California: Options for State and Local Regulations.