In the Spotlight
- Join our Team! We're hiring a Librarian at Sutro Library in San Francisco. See job description and eligibility requirements.
- Press Release – California Library Literacy Services Receives Additional Funding for Adult Literacy Programs.
- Take a trip back in time at our booth at the State Fair. The exhibit celebrates 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition.
- Are you passionate about libraries with a desire to inspire innovation? Find out how you can become a Library Programs Consultant.
- The Library's California Research Bureau releases Better Serving Those Who Serve: California's LGBT Veterans Speak Out.
- The Sutro Library will be closed on Friday, July 3, because of a complete holiday closure of the San Francisco State University campus. On July 3, all CSL Sacramento reading rooms and offices will be open for business as usual.
- Library Reading Programs Put the Brakes on Summer Slide – a message from the State Librarian.
- Annual Report on the California Library Literacy & English Acquisition Services Program.
- A Night at the State Library presents: Sacramento's 14th Annual Juneteenth Celebration of Freedom Kick-off Reception, Thursday, June 18, 2015.
- Sutro Library Exhibit: Juneteenth and the U.S. Civil War.
- Press release – Lighting Up Libraries: High-speed Broadband in California Public Libraries.
- Join us on May 29! State Library celebrates 120 years as a Federal Depository Library.
- Check out our Sutro Library's new web pages! The new pages are crammed full of great information about the Sutro Library and its amazing collections.
- The State Library will be closed Monday, May 25 for Memorial Day.
- "How Libraries Build Community" by State Librarian Greg Lucas.
- Let's focus California's innovation on public libraries – a message from the State Librarian.
- Governor Brown issues proclamation declaring California Library Week,
April 12–19, 2015.
- It's National Library Week:
We need to focus more of California's innovation and creativity on our public libraries.
- A Night at the State Library Presents: People of the Panama-Pacific International Exposition 1915. A Special Presentation by PPIE Historian and Author Laura Ackley, Wed, April 15, 2015.