In the Spotlight
- Libraries are books and a lot more! Libraries changes lives.
– a message from the State Librarian.
- Check out our exhibit outside the Governor's office at the State Capitol.
- California Research Bureau releases report, Veterans' Discharge Paperwork: LGBT Veterans Say Change is Needed.
- View treasures from the past at the 5th annual Sacramento Archives Crawl on October 3.
- California public libraries: Apply to participate in CSL's Career Online High School Pilot Program.
- CalRocks165 – On Sept 9 California celebrates 165 years of statehood. Each day we're posting a new list of awesome reasons why California rocks.
- See what Governor Brown's new $1 million
pilot project can do!
- The Library's California Research Bureau releases Women of Color in California's Legislature.
- The California State Library will be closed Monday, September 7, for Labor Day. All branches will reopen at their regular times on Tuesday, September 8.
- The State Library is currently recruiting Library Programs Administrator, State Library Services and Supervising Librarian I, Preservation.
- Press release – Joe D'Ambrosio: The Book as an Art Form – New Exhibit at the State Library.
- Are you curious about patents? Visit our Patent and Trademark Resource Center webpage to find out about the patent process.
- We are hiring a Principal Librarian and Librarian at Sutro Library in San Francisco and Supervising Librarian II, Sacramento.
- Press Release – California Library Literacy Services Receives Additional Funding for Adult Literacy Programs.
- Take a trip back in time at our booth at the State Fair. The exhibit celebrates 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition.
- Are you passionate about libraries with a desire to inspire innovation? Find out how you can become a Library Programs Consultant.
- The Library's California Research Bureau releases Better Serving Those Who Serve: California's LGBT Veterans Speak Out.
- The Sutro Library will be closed on Friday, July 3, because of a complete holiday closure of the San Francisco State University campus. On July 3, all CSL Sacramento reading rooms and offices will be open for business as usual.
- Library Reading Programs Put the Brakes on Summer Slide – a message from the State Librarian.
- Annual Report on the California Library Literacy & English Acquisition Services Program.
- A Night at the State Library presents: Sacramento's 14th Annual Juneteenth Celebration of Freedom Kick-off Reception, Thursday, June 18, 2015.
- Sutro Library Exhibit: Juneteenth and the U.S. Civil War.
- Press release – Lighting Up Libraries: High-speed Broadband in California Public Libraries.
- Join us on May 29! State Library celebrates 120 years as a Federal Depository Library.