In the Spotlight
- FORUM: "The Caryl Chessman case and its lasting impact on the death penalty debate."
Announcing the Summer Reading Challenge Winners!
- Join our team! The State Library is hiring an Associate Personnel Analyst. Apply by 9/20/2016.
- A Night at the State Library Presents: The Golden Gate Bridge – An Insider's View, Wednesday, September 14, 6 – 7 PM
- The California State Library will be closed Monday, September 5, for Labor Day.
- California State Library announces the Mental Health Initiative grant
- Press Release – Local Author Patricia Canterbury to Speak at California State Library's Lunchtime Author Series, August 18, 2016.
- Public Library Staff Can Now Apply for Califoria State Library's
Mental Health First Aid Training!
- Genealogy Workshop at Sutro Library – Thursday, July 28, 2016.
- Press release – California on the Move – Air, Land and Sea: State Library Exhibit at the California State Fair.
- The State Library will be closed Monday, July 4 for Independence Day.
- Join our Summer Reading Challenge! Win prizes! Help us get to One Million Readers. Sign up.
- A Night at the State Library Presents: Juneteenth Celebration of Freedom Reception, Thursday, June 16, at 5:30 p.m.
- Out of the Vault: Treasures from your California State Library –
New Exhibit at the California State Capitol Museum.
- California public libraries – be part of California Revealed Initiative.
- Coming soon!
New exhibit at the Capitol Museum - Out of the Vault: Treasures from your California State Library. Opens May 28.
- Need to find your polling place? Wonder what's on your ballot?
Find out what you need for the upcoming primary on the Voter's Edge.
- Prohibition in Sacramento: A Lunchtime Discussion with Local Author
- A Night at the State Library Presents: Homeless Youth – Challenges & Solutions," a talk by Shahera Hyatt,
Wednesday, May 18, 6 – 7 PM
- Follow Us on Instagram! The State Library just started an Instagram account and we need followers. Our staff will be adding photos as quickly as we can take them. Let us know what you think.
- The State Library will be closed on Monday, May 30 for Memorial Day.
- Share your love of reading:
Become a literacy tutor.
- Sutro Library Director Mattie Taormina wins research award.
- New exhibit at State Library: From Oxcarts to Airplanes: the story of transportation in California.
- The California State Library Presents: Local Historian/Author William Burg in a Noontime Discussion on Counterculture and Art in Sacramento "From the West End to Midtown", Wednesday, April 27, Noon – 1:30pm.
- California Research Bureau of the State Library releases "The Corporate Practice of Medicine in a Changing Healthcare Environment."
- Governor Brown issues proclamation declaring April 10–16 California
- A Night at the State Library presents: The Maidu Museum and Historic Site, Wednesday, April 13, 2016.
- Press release – Governor Brown Appoints Brandy Rose Buenafe to California Library Services Board.
- The State Library will be closed Thursday, March 31, for Cesar Chavez Day. Regular business hours resume on Friday, April 1.
- Press release – Author/Journalist Sasha Abramsky to speak at the California State Library, March 17 at noon.