In the Spotlight
- A Night at the State Library presents: Building the Central Pacific Railroad: A Photographic Journey.
- Press release: "Governor Culbert Levy Olson – Past, Present and Future:
A Statesman Ahead of His Time" – A Special Appreciation By His Granddaughter, Debra Deanne Olson.
- The California Research Bureau has begun accepting electronic copies of court documents regarding frivolous actions/tactics (AB 2494, Cooley, Chapter 425, Statutes of 2014).
- Reading rooms Gillis Hall (Information Services), Witkin Law Library, and Government Publications located in the Stanley Mosk Library and Courts Building at 914 Capitol Mall, Sacramento, will be closed Monday, January 5, due to the special swearing in ceremonies for Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar and Leondra R. Kruger to the California Supreme Court. If you need assistance please call 916-654-0261. All reading rooms at 914 Capitol Mall will be open their regular hours on Tuesday, January 6. The reading rooms at the 900 N Street location in Sacramento and the Sutro Library in San Francisco will remain open on January 5.
- The Sutro Library, located on the campus of San Francisco State University, will be closed for Winter Break, December 24–January 1. It will reopen January 2 at 10 a.m.
- On December 16, the State Library will open at 11 am due to a staff event. The library will be closed on December 25, Christmas Day and January 1, New Year's Day.
- In observance of Veterans Day, the State Library will be closed Tuesday, November 11, 2014.
- Press release – Rarely-Seen Treasures on Display at California State Library in 4th Annual "Sacramento Archives Crawl" on Saturday, October 11.
- Sutro Library exhibit "Romanticizing the Frontier" on display now through December.
- A Night at the State Library Presents: Governing Passions: The Unlikely Relationship between Love and Government Documents, Wednesday, October 8, 2014
- Banned Books Virtual Read-Out.
- Press release – For Banned Book Week, Brown Administration Officials Read Their Favorite Banned Books.