The California State Library welcomes your input in improving its website and online services.
Please take our short website survey to let us know how you use the current website, and what you would like to see in a redesigned version. Your comments and feedback will be factored into the new website's design and functionality.
Thank you very much for your time.
Harmony in Diversity
Recommendations for Effective Library Service to Asian Language
All materials are in PDF format requiring the Acrobat Reader. The Adobe Acrobat Reader can be downloaded here.
This document is separated into two parts. To facilitate local printing, covers are treated as separate PDF documents:
- Chinese, by Patty Wong, Suzanne Lo, Vera Yip and Maggie Kuo
- Filipino Americans, by Marina Claudio-Perez
- Japanese Americans, by Sonoe Jitodai and Mamiko Nakamura
- Korean Americans, by Jae Min Roh and Miki Lim
- Vietnamese in the United States, by Angie Nguyen
- Promoting Library Awareness in Ethnic Communities, by Grace F. Liu
- "County and Medical Service Study Area: Total Civilian and Linguistically Isolated Populations", prepared by the California Department of Health and Human Services
- Names: Getting Them Right from Asian Pacific American Handbook
- Examples of Asian American Web Sites, prepared by Chinese American Library Association
- Asian and Indian Language Materials Vendors, prepared by Cooperative Collection Development Project of the Greater Bay Area Region II Major Urban Resources Library
- Harmony in Diversity Supplemental Materials Cover Page