New York: Lambert & Lane, 1851.
Hand colored lithograph.
16 × 20 in.
Cartographic historians regard this as one of the most important maps of the mining districts. This hand-tinted map updates Jackson's 1850 publication and not only includes ornate borders but also much more detail especially for the Southern Mines. Interestingly, Jackson extends the Sierra as far west as Marysville. Jackson supplemented his map with an appendix describing new towns, delineations of county boundaries, and descriptions of placer and "vein mines."