- Broadband Connectivity and Hardware Grants: Support for public libraries connecting to CENIC's high-speed broadband network; specifically support for construction costs to bring broadband to a library and network infrastructure to distribute broadband within a library. State-funded
- Career Online High School: Support for public libraries enabling them to offer patrons the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma. State-funded
- Community Connections: A project to help libraries eliminate barriers that prevent people from accessing vital community resources, particularly in the areas of housing, health, nutrition, employment, and education. LSTA-funded
- Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF): Under the administration of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the ECF provides funding for devices and Internet service to eligible libraries and schools to support unserved or underserved students, school staff, and library patrons while off-site. ARPA
- Library Workforce Partnership Initiative: A project supporting libraries as they partner with workforce agencies to build staff skills and knowledge and enhance workforce development in communities. LSTA-funded
- Public Library Staff Education Program: A tuition reimbursement program for California public library staff enrolled in an accredited MLIS degree course. LSTA-funded
- California Grants Portal: A searchable database including all available state grant opportunities, including summaries, information about how to apply, and links to follow for more details.
Manage Your Current Grant
Find reporting forms, guides, and contact information for help with your current grant on our Manage Your Grant page.
Dates are approximate and subject to change.
- Library Infrastructure Grant Program State funded
- Zip Books State funded
- Bookmobiles and Community Outreach Vehicles (Stronger Together) State funded
- CopyCat grants LSTA funded
- Book to Action LSTA funded
- California Revealed LSTA funded
- English as a Second Language Programming (open only to libraries that receive California Library Literacy Services funds) State funded
- Preserving California’s LGBTQ History State funded
- Competitive grants for the 2022-2023 fiscal year LSTA funded
- Early Learning Programming (Stronger Together) State funded
- Out of School Time Programming (Stronger Together) State funded
- Día de los Niños LSTA funded
- Lunch at the Library State funded
Previously Funded Projects
Database of LSTA funded programs since FY2013-14, including applications and final narratives.