California History Room
We’ve gone digital!
While we are closed to in-person visitors, please enjoy some of the online exhibits created by the State Library’s Exhibits and Preservation unit!
- Oct–Dec 2019: "Preserving the Struggle"
- July–Sept 2019: "All the World's a Stage"
- Apr–June 2019: Stop and Smell the Flowers
- Jan–Mar 2019: Yosemite
- July–Dec 2018: Wagons West
- April–June 2018: Art of Printing
- January-March 2018: Steamboats, Schooners, and Cruisers
- November–December 2017: For the Love of Writing
- September–October 2017: It Came from the Archives?! – Weird, Wacky and Wonderful Treasures
- July–August 2017: Make Love Not War: California in the 1960’s
- May–June 2017: Wildflowers in California
- March–April 2017: Horses and Horse Racing in California
- January–February 2017: Mining in California
- November–December 2016: Hollywood Movie Stars
- October 2016 Selection: A Thirst for History – Wine in California
- September 2016 Selection: Sutter's Fort
- August 2016 Selection: California Beaches
- July 2016 Selection: Planes, Trains and Automobiles
- June 2016 Selection: California — A Political State of Mind
If you have difficulty accessing any material on this site, please contact us in writing and we will work with you to make the information available. You can direct your request to our Webmaster.